Thursday 25 June 2009

My Challenge: 1000 Miles through Japan

What’s my challenge? My challenge is to ride 1000 miles on my bike and to discover the country and culture of Japan. On my journey, beginning 3rd May 2009 (until 15th June), I hope to get a glimpse of other people’s LifeDreams, their hopes, aspirations, and challenges in this life. After all, life is what people make of it and I expect to see that people in Japan have their own take on it. Whenever one is faced with the unfamiliar, our spirit awakes. This journey through Japan will definitely kick my comfort zone as I will get lost, be faced with decisions I never had to make, meet people I never met before, and encounter the unfamiliar culture and customs of the Japanese which will definitely challenge me to embrace the new and make the most of everything which comes my way.


All this will be done on a tight budget and I will be camping throughout the 6 weeks living off my camping stove and what the land and people provide… On the right you can see a calligraphy of the word 'warrior spirit' something to be attained through steady practice of a still, honest, and open heart. I am very much into practicing martial arts and have done so over many years. It has shown me that even though one experiences pain there is always a lesson to be learned. The path towards success/ liberation is not the one with roses on each side but the thorny and rocky path. This challenge will be such a journey where I will encounter many challenges but come out stronger and, hopefully, a little wiser ;)

With this challenge I wish to raise money for Embrace Cooperation, the not-for profit company I work for, in order to establish a fund for young entrepreneurs who wish to set-up their own businesses and projects. I am inviting you to sponsor me to support this cause. Embrace has over 150 young adults who come through our doors every year and especially those who are with us for longer-term placements are invited to prepare their LifeDreams with us. Many of them have business ideas (their own fashion shops, cafe's, IT companies, crafts businesses or sustainable farming) and projects which they are passionate about. Embrace supports young adults from the UK, Europe, and from Africa (pictures left: Milkyas Mesfin from Ethiopia and Michaela Ruhland from Germany who have great entrepreneurial spirit and business ideas).

Together with YOU we can help Embrace raise the money they need and can offer interest free loans for these young entrepreneurs, small test-trading grants and dedicated business support and mentoring. Please sponsor me in any way shape or form you wish. You can buy ONE mile for £10 or €10 and it is my aim to get sponsorship for 1000 bicycle miles which I WILL cycle - no matter what!

You can sponsor me by donating CASH or money in cheques (payable to 'Embrace Cooperation Ltd', ESMC 1000 Miles, Embrace Cooperation, 3 St. Cloud Road, SE27 9PN London, UK) or you can put the money into Embrace's bank account (reference: ESMC 1000 Miles):

Embrace Cooperation Ltd
Account Name: 02940748
Sort Code: 30-96-07
Lloyds TSB Bank Plc

PAYPAL is available too (just hit the DONATE button on the right).... thank YOU so much for YOUR contribution to making other's LifeDreams come true! you know what's gonna happen ...what goes around...cycles around...

1 comment: